Dienstag, 16. November 2010

An interesting week

Quite some time has passed since I've written my last bloq entry so I wanna keep you up-to date with the latest news from American and my life there. So here we go:

There were mid-term elections all over in the United States and (unfortunately), the Republicans have (re)-gained much power, especially in the House of Representatives. Many people are concerned about that, including my flatmate, because Obama has less power now and it's getting harder for him to implement new laws and changing America's structure. However, a Democrat won the election for the governor and will replace Arnold Schwarzennegger next year in january or feburary (by the way, I'm wonderin what he will do next after his political career: Does he still want to be active in politics or not?!)

Anyways, in the meantime I blocked my toilet for the third or fourth time here in America but this time I couldn't fix the problem (thank God that I've worked at a sewage plant before ;)..) so my roommate had to call a plumber to solve the problem. So when I tried to flush the toilet, there was too much pressure in the pipeline and I think there must be a leak/hole in it because on the first floor, water dripped down from the ceiling, just next to the kitchen table. Hmm Yummy! :-)
Fortunately, the plumber fixed the problem and guess what- it wasn't me :-) It wasn't my fault..there was some kind of moisturizer tissue in the pipe which I have never used before in my whole life..It was from the woman who lived in my room before, so I'm innocent.

Yesterday I went to the first basketball college game of the season! Yay! We played gainst Hawaii State and we won easily..hawaii played really bad so it wasn't a close game. I know that not everybody who ready my blog knows this so I wanna mention it real quick again, also as a short reminder for the other people who might know this: In college basketball games, you only play 2 halves a 20 minutes and the shot clock is 35 seconds. So sometimes it takes a long time for one team to finish a play designed by the coach and a player shoots the ball in the very last seconds... I asked many people at my school why there are different rules for college games but so far nowbody could gave me a satisfying answer.

Oh any by the way, I just checked upon my "old" German wikipedia article (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumpsoles) and I realised that someone added some information to it :-) It's really cool to see how one's own article, planted like a seed in the soil, suddenly "grows" and becomes bigger and bigger..I think I will write another one, or add some information to existing ones, in the near future. In America they call that "giving back to the community",lol :-)

Next week will be Thanksgiving which means that I have to finish my term paper (Hausarbeit) for my history of the US class, and then I'll be free as a bird and I'll go to San Fransisco with Henry for Thanksgiving :-) We're invited to come over to a Japanese family which Henry knows well so we'll probably have a real American Thanksgiving dinner :-) I'll let u know how the turkey tasted ;)

Alors,

have a good day !

PS: Americans can't write my name properly lol :-)

1 Kommentar:

  1. Obviously they wrote your name right - you just have to much flow ;)

    And lol @ real american Thanksgiving dinner with a japanese family ^^

    Was your plumber by any chance italian? ;)

    Also, I think Arnie will go back to Hollywood, there are some movie appereances scheduled imho

    Greetz

    AntwortenLöschen