Montag, 27. September 2010

110+degrees



Oh boy,

I don't know what suddenly happened to the weather but we had at least 110 degree today which equals around 44 degrees or so...I tell you, I never experienced such a hot today before in my life!
It's crazy, I tell you..everything seems 2 boil and everybody moves slow-but still I went playing basketball in the gym hehe. Well, the Californian weather finally kept its promises I think :-)

Anyway, I've got some news for you: So this weekend I'll go to the world cyber games ( see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Cyber_Games for more information on this topic) which is like the Olympic Games for computer games. It's a lil bit nerdy but... I grew up with Starcraft and you have 2 keep it real in California ;) I think it's going to be an interesting experience since I never went to such a kind of "sports competition" before! I'll tell you how it was next week!

The weekend after the world cyber games, I'm going to San Diego with a friend of mine, called Henry (I think I mentioned that before). We wanna see the city, maybe Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and also Tijuana-I'm excited!! I hope that the boarder patrol police will let me back in :-)

Yeah and then it's already october and basketball season starts...but before I start enjoying the NBA games I need to take care of mine homework...I got a lot today and I need to study for Spanish, Natural Disasters etc...Alwasys busy, I can tell you...

this picture of the caterpillar reminds me of my childhood :-)

In case you want to listen 2 American music (especially hip hop) then you could listen to power 106:http://www.power106.com/other/listenlive/index.html

Girls = Ninas. I always knew it...


It's now 8 pm and it's still unbelievably warm..crazy, you can't imagine it if you didnt experience it.

Enjoy the (random) pictures,

Flo

PS: I nearly forgot to mention that Americans love to celebrate and imitate the German Oktoberfest. As a matter of fact, I have a tent close to my house with German music and beer and an entertainer called "Heino"...It's feels kinda weird to be in America ans heard&see the people celebrate it :-) Bdesides, you can already buy things/decorations for Halloween in the supermarkets (see the picture taken in Target)

2 Kommentare:

  1. Consider yourself lucky with the hot weather! Over here it got damn cold already and I caught my first cold last week... that really sucked!

    About the plastic bags in supermarkets: Bring your re-usables and you might get a discount on your bill ;-) - or at least that's how it works in England. Incentivasation for customers to be more green. And even if it doesn't work that way in America: Go ahead and lead with good example! ;-)

    xo

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. yo flo,
    perhaps you could buy me a Leonidas outfit for halloween, lol.

    AntwortenLöschen