Montag, 6. September 2010

Hollywood

Hello everybody,

today was a good day: I slept in, then I went to the basketball court just next to my house and afterwards I went with Liam (another exchange student from Leincester, England) to Hollywood!

The pick-up game at the Veterans Park was really good; I made some good plays and I also scored quite a few baskets. I think I earned my teammates' respect :-) It#s not that easy when you're the only white boy on the basketball court and when they don't know you...In the beginning they don't pass you the ball so you have to show them that you can acutally play basketball, and that it is a good decision to pass the ball to me ;)

I also managed to dunk the basketball this afternoon which kind of impressed my teammates :-). You know the saying: White people can't dunk/jump ;). But don't get me wrong, I didn't dunk the ball during our game; I just tried it during a break. Here's a picture of the guys I played with: By the way, the guy on the right hand side it 16 years old and he was also able to dunk the basketball....and he also nearly made it with two hands :-)

After my game I went home quickly and took a shower, and then I picked up Liam in order to go to Hollywood. We met a friend of him there who showed us around (thanks Joel!). It was really cool, we drove on the famous Sunset Boulevard, we vistited the famous grauman's chinese theatre and of course, we also took a look at the Hollywood sign and the Walk of Fame. Unfortunately, it was really smoggy today so you couldn't really see the sign well. I think I'll have to drive up to Hollywood again and try to take a better picture. I think that the Grauman's chinese theatre is one of the oldest cinemas in Los Angeles but I have to do some research about it before I can provide u some useful information about it. I just know that it is really famous (and therefore worth seeing).

So all in all it was a really good day today :-) I have to finish my entry now because my first class tomorrow will be at 9 am in the morning (Yoga...;) ) and I still want to take a look at few Spanish words which I should revise...

With this in mind, have a good day and appreciate the fact that you can witness my wonderful experiences in Los Angeles :-)

Flo

2 Kommentare:

  1. I assume you meant Leicester. That's near Birmingham ;-). Can you plz spend looooads of time with Liam? :-) I love the idea that you're learning English over there after all :-) :-)
    And you definitely need to go back to Hollywood - we'd love to see you in a Hollywood production! But take your time, first I'm gonna be on holidays and then I'll be busy moving ...
    Went to a Swedish furniture shop yesterday ... Got rid of a hell lot of money but at least me and my Dad got a backache in return! By the way: The next time I'm moving (in two years) you won't be allowed to leave the country! (Thought I would give you an early warning so that you can plan your carreer around it ;-D).

    Note: witnessing your wonderful experience in LA is not quite the same as experiencing it yourself ... but hey, I'm gonna be spending a full 4 months in Swabia. Shall I write a blogg about this new record as well? :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Lol @ ena
    "we'd love to see you in a Hollywood production!"
    That's what I said to Flo just yesterday ^^

    Regarding "White men can't jump" --> You know the procedure: Pics or it didn't happen :P
    But keep showing them who the real German Wunderkind of Basketball is ;)

    Greetz

    AntwortenLöschen