Freitag, 31. Dezember 2010

Happy New Year's Eve!!


Happy New Year!

I just realized that the new year has already begun in Germany...It's a pitty that I've missed it but I was cooking Miraculi with Henry in the kitchen :-) It's really weird to go online on facebook and see all those comments and posts about the new year while we still have daylight and sunshine here in California. Oh and by the way; no there aren't any fireworks during New Years Eve in America :-/ It's against the law so it's a little bit lame because fireworks and New Year's Eve belong together like Easter and eggs to me..

At this point, I wanna take some time and look back what I've experienced this year and also wanna take a look forward to what's gonna happen next year,2011.
In january, I didnt go to university because I've just finished my "Schulpraktikum" (teaching assistant) at the Leibniz Gymnasium in Rottweil.So basicially I just chilled at home, helped my parents and played some basketball. Then in february, I finished my job as a teacher at the Freie Waldorfschue in Frommern and I had to grade students for the first time in my life. It took me longer than I thought because I wanted to make sure that everybody gets the grade he/she deserves..but it was a really interesting experience to be "on the other side" and see how it is to be a teacher. It's more work than some of you might think ;)
At the end of february, my chemistry lab (AC-F Prakitkum) started, and I worked two weeks nearly the whole day in the lab. Then in March, I started my other chem lab (OC-F) and I spent another two weeks in the lab in order to finish it. Especially during my organic chemistry lab time, I got to know new people which, as it turned out later, are really friendly and cool: It's my homeboy Fabi and that girl Juli..I had a lot of fun during my chem lab and with them, I really enjoyed the time! Thanks guys! I hope to see them when I'm back in Germany and maybe I can have a fun night with Fabi again ;)
In april,my summer semester started and I had to run many errands for my upcoming semester abroad in America...It was a lot of work but so far it definitely paid off and I'm glad that everything worked out the way I wanted it to happen :-) Oh and I also wanna mention that I've met a few new cool people at my swimming class for my sports studies, especially the guys Stefan and Andy!!Oh my god, it was so funny with them and I really had a good time with them :-) As a matter of fact, Stefan went abroad to Mexico,Guadalajara when I was about to go to America so we both spend some time abroad together, and sometimes he was the only guy who was online on facebook while all my other German friends were sleeping in bed :-) So I've told him about the differences between Germany and America, and he told me the same, just with Mexico instead of the US. I dont know if you'll ever read this Andy but I hope that you and your family are well and that we'll be able to play some tennis or basketball next year in Nusplingen ;) And maybe we can also talk about politics ;) "Lokalpolitik"

And then I went abroad. Bye bye Germany, Hello America!
Who would have thought that one day, I'll be able to lay in the sun on December 31st and take a sunbath?! Who whould have thought that I'll meet a crip gang member at a house party one day? Who whould have thought that I'll be the only white guy on the basketball court one day?Who would have thought that I'll buy "my" first own car in America?That I'll change my first tire in America?Who would have though that I'll bake my first German cookies in American? Who would have thought that I'll do this and that in America? ;) I really experienced so many new things here but I cannot write all of them down. Some of them are just for a small circle, or just for my family :-)
Oh and then I met this asian guy here who I went to San Diego and San Francisco with! And then I met this belizean gurl who I helped to overcome her fear of water..at least a lil bit ;)..then I met this jamaican chick who invited me to celebrate Christmas with her..thank you! and then I met this (spanish) gurl who isnt really Spanish but she knows what I mean..and she thinks more than she'll let me know..and I met so many other cool people at my school!
Especially "se oser Germans" at Dominguez Hills were friendly and cool! I remember that one roadtrip to Las Vegas with that boy from Hechingen ;) I think he had s0me fun on the way to Las Vegas.....oh and there was this kid who can shoot from the other side of the basketball court and still make the 3pointers...Ok I exaggerate a little bit but everybody who plays against him knows what I'm talking about :-) He also works at the weight room so I can always go there even though I'm not a student anymore at CSUDH :-) Thanks William!

All in all, It's crazy how much I saw,leanred and experienced during this year...But it was not only me who did a lot this year. My sister, for example, came back from Mexico this year, my brother went, among other things, to China, my other brother and my sister went backpacking together in Europe. And there was this australian/english girl who finally went back to Germany but then it was time for me to leave the country..Well, I'll see you next year I think ;)

I also have a New Year's resolution for America: Try to use less plastic bags in your supermarkets!! In know that you can recycle them but I doubt that anybody does it..

2011 will hopefully also be an interesting and informative year for me again,and I really hope that I'll see some of my American friends back here in Germany...But for now, I'm looking forward to the first highlight of this year; my trip to Hawaii with my parents!!! As a matter of fact, my parents will arrive in three days and then we'll probably drive to see the Grand Canyon in Arizona before we go to Hawaii...But before that, I'll spend some time with my daddy at the Staples Center and see Lebron James and company in action!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR AGAIN FELLOWS :-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen