Freitag, 6. August 2010

The first few days






























( I haven't figured out yet how to put the pictures in the right place so don't wonder about it)


Hi everybody!


Before I can't stop praising my first impressions of America, I'd better start from the beginning of my trip:


Well, the funny part began right back in Germany back at the airport. My flight was overbooked so it wasn't sure whether I'll get a seat in the plan. On my ticket, it said:"seat request" and I was so angry because I paid quite a bit for my flight to Michigan. But fortunately, everything worked out well and I even managed to get pass the mean and strict police border guys at Michigan airport. I cant tell you, you don't fell comfortable if someone keeps asking you questions for about 5 minutes when your entry to the US is at stake. Anyways, as i said, everything worked out and Kristin picked me up at the airport and her parents drove me to their house.


Kristin's parents, Mike and Karen, are really really friendly peolpe and they are sooo hospitable! It's always fun talking to them and I'm so glad that Kristin's parents are just as nice and friendly as she is. I'm a lucky bastard :-).
So what did I do during the first day? After arriving in Michigan we went to a town not far away from their place and we went shopping because I needed to buy a mobile phone. I bought a samsung cell phone with a good monthly contract ( a lil bit like a pre-paid phone) which means that I can send unlimited text messages and call other people for free who also have a Verizon contract. I also uploaded a picture of my "handy" :-). Again, i hope that I can put the pictures in the right place, if it's not working, then someone should explain it to my beacuse otherewise my blog will look like shit :-)


In the evening we just talked a lit bit,watched UFC hardcore fighting (hehehee). It was really relaxing for me because I was still a little bit jetlagged (i hope this verb exists, felix ;) ).


Day 2


The second day was so much fun! We went to lake st. claire where with their boat and then we drove in the middle of the sea where we stopped and anchored. I lied in a tube and floated around but then Mike suggested that he could tie me to the boat and then go really fast! That was so crazy, unbelievably! The second time ( i fell down pretty quickly the first time) he went nearly 40 or 50 miles per hour which is really really fast if you try to hold on to handle of the tube. Check out the pictures and you can that this was a real challenge for me :-)


Afterwards, we picked up Phil, Kristin's boyfriend, and then we went to a restaurant to fill up our hungry stomaches ( it was nearly 5 o'clock when we ate and we hat breakfast at 10!). After that, we drove again a little bit on the sea and then Phil, Kristin and I went to celebrate the birthday of one of kristin's friend in a place called "cheesburger paradise" :-D.And do you know what then happened to me? I wanted to order a cocktail but then I forgot my ID so I couldn't buy a drink because EVERYBODY had to show his ID even though some of the guys there were easlily older than 30...Stupid Americans :-). When we went home I went straight to bed because I only slept 5-6 hours during the first night so I was really tired and I slept until 9.30 the next day, Friday.


Day 3


Right now, I'm writing my blog but later we'll go to a Baseball game (Detroit versus Los Angeles) and then we'll head over to Mike's place where we'll celebrate his birthday again. We'll also sleep there. By the way, Kristin gave me a Detroit baseball cap as a gift so that I can wear it during the game. I guess I already look like a real American ;)


That's it for now.


Bye,


Flo


2 Kommentare:

  1. Hi Holmes,
    I like new word inventions and I would not be surprised if jetlag as a verb is already in the Oxford Dictionary ;)
    But I spotted quite a few mistakes in your second post, very unsual for someone who studies "English". But as you probably were still quite jetlagged ^^, I'll overlook them.
    Have a good time mate
    Greetz Darth ^^

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Men and technology do not mix - oh hon :-)
    When you upload the pictures and the separate window opens you can choose how to put the pictures into your text - in line with the text or separately.
    But am glad you're enjoying yourself 'at world's end' (once again ...)!
    Take care! xo

    AntwortenLöschen