Montag, 9. August 2010

The next few days

Let my continue my story about my trip to Detroit, one of America's most violent and criminal city :-). On friday, we went to see the Tigers game against the Los Angeles Angeles. It was my first baseball game in my life and it was really impressive. I think the stadium seats 50-60.000 people and I don't know, it's just crazy if you see so many people on one spot.

The game itself was interesing (although I didnt understand a lot in the beginning) but thanks to Phil, Kristin's boyfriend, I slowly understood the idea behind baseball. I even saw a homerun for the Detroit Tigers but that didn't help in the end, the Tigers lost.
Another nice thing was that a guy in front of me gave me his brandnew baseball because I told him that this has been my first baseball match :-).

There were even fireworks after the game and you can't believe how long it lasted- I would say at least as long as the fireworks we have every New Year's Eve (but they have them every friday after a baseball game in summer).









Days 4&5

Weekend in Ann Arbor, the city where Kristin and all her friends study. You can guess what happend if you go on a weekend to a student city :-) Right, it was party time :-) We stayed in Phil's house for the two days but it didnt really matter in which house we stayed because Kristin's house is just one house away from his house. I think these houses are typical American houses. Let me show you guys a picture of the house so that you know what I'm talking about:

(I love the fact that there are porches in front of every house, so American!)





On sunday, Kristin and Phil showed me around in Ann Arbor and again, I can only say that everything is bigger in America. The buildings for the university are all in a very good condition and everything is really nice. In other words: The campus is really gorgeous, you can't compare it to Tübingen where all the buildings are spread all over the city.

This building on the left (it continues on the rifht) is a dormitory for a couple of thousand studens. Brandnew.


Today(monday), we'll go shopping (in need new cool sunglasses for the california gurls ;) ) and afterwards we'll go ice skating in the evening we will watch the movie Inception. Afterwards we will maybe play taboo with kristin's partens. This will be the ultimate English test for me :-) Let's see how well I'll cope with unknown words.

Cheers,

Flo

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen