Samstag, 14. August 2010

Welcome to Los Angeles!

Hellu!

I arrived yesterday in Los Angeles and I was surprised how cold it is here...brrr, we have around 70 to 80 degrees Farenheit here which is, compared to Michigan, really cold.

I stay in a hostel called "surf city hostel" in hermosa beach. The hostel is really cool, it is only 30sec away from the beach ( see the link http://maps.google.de/maps?hl=de&q=surf%20city%20hostel%20hermosa%20beach&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl ) and it is surprisingly cheap for this area, namely only 30 dollars per night.
Another cool thing is that the bank of America is just around the corner so i dont need to go far to get money.
Her's a picture from the beach but dont be surpirsed that it's so cloudy because somehow its always like that in LA, every morning.
I'll try to get a good picture of the beach today between 12-3 pm because then it#s really sunny and warm, like its supposed to be in the city of angeles.

I lost my camera when I went camping up north in Michigan but fortunately my mobile phone can also take good pictures (i'm impressed by the quality of the pictures; i thought it would be worse)

My plan for today is to go to the beach, go for a run, do a few sprints on the "strand" and then get a surfboard or a smaller board and do some surfing in the water with a few friends from the hostel.

Speaking of the hostel, there are only young people there! And guess what, in my room are 3 Swiss guys, 1 Austrian girl and a German girl...how wonderful..

I also went to my university yesterday and found out that there is a bus running from my hostel to the university for only 1,50 dollars :-) When i took the cab the first time I had to pay 40 dollars. Its a nice difference, isn't it ;). Thats the entrance of my university there on the left hand side. I went to the housing office and they told me that they are really full and that they'll put me on the waitlist. Because of that, I decided to find Racheal, the study abroad coordinator, and she told me that she'll try to find a way around it and get me a place...let's keep our fingers crossed for me. I'm going to the college again on monday so I#ll probably post some news on monday again.
I'm going to take more pictures of my university but what I can tell you so far is that it is really nice and that there are only black and hispanic people :-)

Alright, it's time to get ready for the beach :-). I hope that you also have a good time back in Germany !

See ya later,

Flo

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen